The best way to reduce harmful NOx emissions
Ultra-low NOx burners and SNCR technologies are installed in numerous grate-fired plants with various fuels, such as natural gas, biomass, or heavy fuel-oil which are operated according to the current regulations of NOx-reduction rates. Additional policies and measures will be needed to be taken to follow the European Commission’s proposals of the EU greenhouse gas emission reductions target for 2030 from 40 % to 55 % (below 1990 levels) and to reach climate neutrality by 2050. This means for most of the power plants that the existing boilers must be shut down or measures must be taken to follow the stringent regulations to control emissions like NOx.
NOx is a term for the nitrogen oxides that are most relevant for air pollution, containing nitric oxide (NO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2). These gases contribute to the formation of smog and acid rain, as well it affects tropospheric ozone, which is considered as a greenhouse gas and contributes to global warming. What is more, NOx not only affects the earth, but it also has outcomes on our health – there is strong evidence that NOx can trigger and exacerbate existing asthma symptoms, and it has also been associated with heart disease, diabetes, birth outcomes.
AXIS Tech can deliver NOx reduction technologies that are a fundamental part to reduce NOx emissions for conventional power plants that burn natural gas, biomass, or heavy fuel oil. The company has practice in working with two types of NOx reduction technologies:
- Ultra-low NOx burners. Combustion NOx-control technologies aim is to minimize the formation of NOx when the combustion is taking place.
Pillard NANOxFLAM® / Pillard BLUEMix® Technology: NOx down to 15 mg/Nm3@3%O2dry
Pillard LONOxFLAM® G2 Technology: NOx down to 50 mg/Nm3@3%O2dry
- SNCR systems. Post-combustion NOx-control technologies that reduce NOx to N2 and H2O with ammonia or urea-based reagents.
Together with our main partners Fives we manage to achieve significant results in NOx reduction projects. Fives has over 100 years’ experience in industrial engineering of high-efficiency Pillard equipment, cutting-edge combustion technologies, and ultra low-NOx solutions to help customers exceed their objectives to optimize energy consumption and reduce emissions. This successful collaboration of two strong companies with high-tech solutions, experience and meticulous contract execution lead to the reconstruction of PTVM, KVGM, TVGM, TGME types of boilers that comply with the latest EU emission directives.
Over many years in operating with the NOx reduction solutions has gained reliable results and references of clients that estimate the feasibility as well as investment and operating costs with high accuracy. Here are some NOx reduction projects delivered by AXIS Tech:
- Šiaulių Energija: Upgrading of PTVM-50 (57 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NO x emissions < 100 mg / Nm3. Šiauliai, Lithuania
- Šiaulių Energija: Upgrading of PTVM-100 (116 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NO x emissions < 100 mg / Nm3. Šiauliai, Lithuania
- Vilniaus Šilumos tinklai: Upgrading of BKZ-75 steam boiler systems by reducing NOx emissions < 100 mg / Nm3. Vilnius, Lithuania
- Vilniaus Šilumos Tinklai: Upgrading of PTVM-100 (116 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NOx emissions from 270 mg/Nm3 to 80 mg/Nm3.
- ORLEN Lietuva: Upgrading of TGME-464 (450 MW 500 t / h) steam boiler by reducing NO x emissions to 200 mg / Nm3 from gas combustion and to 450 mg/Nm3 from fuel oil combustion.
- Vilniaus Energija: Upgrading of PTVM-100 (116 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NOx emissions from 160 mg / Nm3 to 100 mg / Nm3.
- Vilniaus Energija: Upgrading of TVGM-30 (35 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NO x emissions from 280 mg / Nm3 to 100 mg / Nm3.
- Vilniaus Energija: Upgrading of PTVM-100 (116 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NOx emissions from 200 mg/Nm3 to 75 mg/Nm3.
- Vilniaus Energija: Upgrading of PTVM-100 (116 MW) water heating boiler systems by reducing NO x emissions from 270 mg/Nm3 to 100 mg/Nm3.
- Vilniaus Energija: Design and installation of SNCR system for BKZ-50 (60 MW) biofuel steam boiler by reducing NOx emissions from 370 mg/Nm3 to 300 mg/Nm3.
AXIS Tech is one of the leading biomass energy companies in the Baltic states. We supply products for power and heat sector companies that require advanced solutions aimed at reducing pollution and increasing energy efficiency throughout Europe and beyond. Contact us and get the best solution for your energy needs!